Kate Hudsons dress in Bride Wars!


If a genie granted me a wish to repeat any day it would certainly be our wedding. Even though I no longer subscribe to Martha Stewart Weddings or Real Weddings, I still enjoy flipping through the magazines from time to time or browsing through slideshows of the latest gowns. Costume designer Karen Patch worked closely with Vera Wang to design two Vera Wang custom wedding gowns for Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway in Bride Wars. Kate’s dress was in fact based on a gown from Vera Wang’s 2009 collection but with a few changes including, “different fabric and more layers of bobbinette. It was so big she could barely fit going down the aisle.” (Read the interview here)


Anne Hathaway’s dress was supposed to be passed down from her mother, so there had to be a sense of nostalgia in the design. There is speculation over on Wedding Bells Blog that Anne’s dress was based on a gown from Vera Wang’s fall 2005 collection. Of the two designs, I prefer Anne’s more subdued and form fitting version.

And since I am a hopeless romantic, I could not help but drift into la la land as I saw these editorial photographs on Vera Wang’s site. Just beautiful…

1 comment:

analytics