How did you ask your Bridesmaids to be Bridesmaids??

How did you ask your Bridesmaids to be Bridesmaids??

Question:
Hi WC Ladies (and Gents if there is any on here),

I have already asked the girls if they would be my bridesmaids, but should i do it more formally. I think i could have asked them in a much nicer way. So i was thinking of mabey doing something special and giving them all a little gift and a card? (but i dont know what to give or what to say in a card?) What do you reckon? Has anyone else done this? I have been a bridesmaid 5 times, and i cant remember how i was asked for any of them, so it must not have been very memorable...

Give me your thoughts and ideas...

PS. There is 5 of them so it needs to be reasonably cheap....

Miner says:
I took 2 of them out to dinner and asked them and my MOH i sent her a big bunch of flowers to my work with a card that said

"Thank you so much for being my best friend, would you please be my maid of honor?" and then met up with her for lunch

Brian says:
Ask???? no i didn't ask them - i rang them and told the to get ready they were bridesmaids in 3 years time I do kinda wish i had've done something nice but i was too excited and had no idea what people usually do.

I think a nice card is an awesome idea

Andre says:
I gave each a card that i made on the comp and got printed professionally.
the first i told about the engagement straight away said- "im a bridesmaid right" lol

i had planned to pay for everything cos i thought thats how its done. but when i reviewed the budget i wasnt gong to be able to afford it. I sent them emails (as its the only way to talk to them all at once, and then its in writing so they can refer back to it) explaining that due to budget they would need to buy their dresses (which they had already picked out), and they can organise their own shoes. they were happy with this. i think they all expected to have to pay for everything, so were fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analytics